- 1/2 pound cavatappi or penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced cremini or baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons jarred roasted minced garlic
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package creamy Alfredo sauce mix
- 3/4 cup half-n-half or whole milk
- 2/3 cup Organo Gold Black Coffee
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain.
- SAUTE 2 tablespoons butter and mushrooms slowly in 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft. Stir in cumin, garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, sauce mix, half-n-half and black coffee. Cook on medium heat until sauce boils; reduce to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
- STIR IN drained pasta. Serve hot topped with Parmesan cheese.
- SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM ALFREDO: FOLLOW directions above and cook 4 Italian sausages (1lb.) in skillet until cooked through. Slice sausages, toss with pasta.
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Yield: Makes 4 servings