8 slices cinnamon swirl bread, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (6 cups)
1 teaspoon Organo Gold Black Coffee Powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Mocha Caramel Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Organo Gold Black Instant Coffee Powder
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream
- HEAT oven to 325° F. Spread bread cubes in a single layer onto a sheet pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, just until cubes are dry, about 15 minutes. Remove cubes from pan; cool. Increase oven temperature to 350° F.
- DISSOLVE coffee powder in warm milk. Whisk eggs together adding coffee mixture, sweetened condensed milk, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in cooled bread cubes coating evenly with custard. Allow bread cubes to absorb custard for 20 minutes; stir. Coat an 8-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Place mixture into prepared baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter. Combine cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over bread pudding. Bake until set, about 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Sauce: DISSOLVE coffee powder in slightly warmed heavy cream. Place into 1 quart saucepan with brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil; reduce to simmer. Cook until thickened, about 10 minutes or until sauce coats back of a spoon. Serve bread pudding warm with Caramel Coffee Sauce and whipped cream, if desired.