- 1-1/4 teaspoons Organo Gold Black Coffee Powder, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon jarred roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced white or baby portobello mushrooms
CREAMY BALSAMIC COFFEE SAUCE
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cracked black pepper, if desired
- DISSOLVE 1 teaspoon coffee powder in balsamic vinegar. Add oil, roasted garlic, salt and pepper. Rub over all sides of beef medallions.
- HEAT butter shortening in large skillet over medium high heat. Sear beef 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or to desired doneness. Transfer to plate, cover and keep warm. Saute mushrooms in skillet until lightly browned.
- WHISK remaining 1/4 teaspoon coffee powder and broth in a small bowl until dissolved. Add heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour cream mixture into skillet with mushrooms. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly, until sauce just begins to thicken. Serve steaks drizzled with sauce. Garnish with cracked black pepper, if desired.