- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 to 5 pounds beef chuck-eye roast
- 1 cup pre-brewed Organo Gold Coffee
- 1 (1 oz.) packet onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 oz.) package sliced white or portabello mushrooms
- OVEN METHOD
- HEAT oven to 350° F. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Pat roast dry with paper towels. Season generously with salt and pepper. Brown roast on all sides.
- COMBINE coffee, onion soup mix, balsamic vinegar, corn starch, garlic powder, thyme and bay leaves in a medium mixing bowl. Pour coffee mixture over meat; cover pan. Roast 30 minutes per pound, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until firm but tender, turning meat every hour. Add mushrooms to gravy during last hour of roasting.
- DISCARD bay leaves. Skim fat from gravy, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve roast with gravy.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD
- COAT inside of slow cooker with no-stick spray. Follow directions in steps 1 and 2 placing roast into slow cooker for 5 to 6 hours on HIGH or about 8 hours on LOW, until meat is fork tender. Follow step 3 to complete recipe.