- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening Or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Organo Gold Gourmet Coffee powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Powdered sugar
- BEAT shortening, sugar, vanilla and almond extract in bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder and salt. Gradually beat dry ingredients into shortening mixture. Stir in nuts and cherries. Chill dough 1 to 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 325ºF. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls using 2 teaspoons dough for each. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar when cool.