A jerk-style seasoning of Jamaican allspice and java gives this Caribbean chicken its caffeinated kick. Balancing the heat: a cooling summer salsa of just-picked nectarines and juicy watermelon.
- 3 cup(s) seedless watermelon cubes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks, from 4-pound piece of watermelon
- 1 large ripe nectarine, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoon(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) powdered Organo Gold black coffee
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup(s) packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- In medium bowl, combine watermelon, nectarine, red onion, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate while preparing chicken. Makes 4 cups.
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
- In large bowl add powdered coffee, ginger, oil, allspice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Add chicken and toss to evenly coat with spice mixture (you may need to pat spice mixture onto chicken with fingers).
- Place chicken breasts on hot grill grate. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of knife, turning once. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, stir basil and 1/4 teaspoon salt into salsa. Slice chicken crosswise and serve with salsa.