Irish coffee is a perfect way to end the evening. This one is especially divine.
- 3 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- 7 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) Irish whiskey
- 6 cup(s) hot brewed Organo Gold black coffee
- Grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon (optional), for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream and 3 tablespoons sugar until very soft peaks form (consistency should be just pourable). Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat 8 wineglasses by pouring very hot water into them. Drain water; add 2 tablespoons whiskey to each glass.
- Stir remaining 4 tablespoons sugar into coffee until dissolved. For each drink, fill glass with coffee to within 1 1/4 inch from top. Hold large spoon upside down over top of glass; gradually pour whipped cream over back of spoon onto coffee (cream should float on top, about 1 inch thick). Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon, if desired.